We use cookies to give you the best possible experience of our website. If you continue, we'll assume you're happy for your web browser to receive all cookies from our website. See our cookie policy for more information on cookies and how to manage them.


What type of professional indemnity policy should I choose?

There are two types of professional indemnity policies to choose from: 

  • Negligent act, error or omission - Quite simply providing cover for claims arising out of your negligent act, error or omission. 
  • Civil liability - The wider of the two options, provides cover for all civil liabilities arising from the provision of professional services (unless specifically excluded), for example, breach of statutory duty, libel and slander and breach of intellectual property rights. 

In the past it was the traditional professions such as lawyers or accountants that could purchase a civil liability wording, but in today’s more competitive market it is quite common to obtain cover on a civil liability basis. Whilst a ‘negligence only’ policy is a cheaper option, most insurers are providing civil liability wordings at very competitive prices.

Call us today:

0345 894 4684

Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm

Request a call from Bluefin Professions

If you would like to speak to a member of the Professions team please fill in your details below and we will contact you.